It is not very common but sometimes it happens that when a credit card holder or a credit account holder receives the details of the credit expenses with all transactions, there are some details or charges that the card holder claims he didn’t make. This implies that there is a mistake made by the credit card company with the credit card statements and in order to resolve the dispute, the credit card holder and the company has to sit together and resolve the issue. These charges or mistaken transactions on a credit card history are known as the disputed charges.
When this happens i.e. a card holder finds a mistake or error in the credit card statement, he has the right to inform the credit card company and ask them to either remove the error or settle the disputed charges that weren’t made by the card holder. In order to access to the full details and particulars of each transaction on the credit card, the card holder is required to make a formal request and ask the card company to issue him the detailed information of the credit statement.
When a customer has the right to Dispute Credit Charges:
There are many situations in which a credit card holder can find false transactions or charges on the card statement and he is legally responsible to ask the credit card company to issue him the credit information with particulars of each transaction in order to see where the mistake happened. These situations include:
- When there is a false expense on the credit card history
- When the credit card shows excessive transaction which is higher than what the card holder expected
- When there is due amount is shown on the credit card and the card holder is certain that he made the payment to the credit card company
- When there is late payment is indicated on the card history but the credit card holder is certain that he made the payment in time
- When there are calculation or tax or interest rate errors in the credit history made by the employees of Credit Card Company
Key elements to include in the information Request Letter on Disputed Charges:
- Name of the credit card holder with complete address
- Name of the credit card company with complete address
- Date when the request for information is being made by the credit card holder
- Details of the credit card i.e. issuance date, type, credit amount etc.
- Details of the disputed charges on the credit card history with particulars i.e. date when the charge was made, place where the charge was made and amount of the charge etc.
- Sworn statement by the credit card holder that he didn’t make the expense or charge on the credit card and now he is requesting to the credit card company to issue the credit history
- Duration in which the credit card company is required to provide the information
- Signature of the credit card holder
Here is preview of a Free Sample Sample Request Letter on Disputed Charges created as fillable PDF Form,
Here is download link for this Sample Request Letter on Disputed Charges,